4,259 TOTAL SQ FT
(4,036 SQ FT ABOVE GRADE)
West Coast To The Most
California dreaming? Wake up Toronto! This 4250+ square ft jaw dropper looks over High Park and right into your soul. Designed by principal architect Graham Smith of Altius Architecture as his own family residence. Features include: Geothermal heating, green roof, unbelievable wrap around terrace with park views and mature wisteria trees. Dramatic on all levels with sky high Douglas Fir beams, floor to ceiling windows/doors, heated flooring throughout, wood burning fireplace and built-in pizza oven. Practical entryway mudroom/dressing area and fab family room/ guest suite zone. Nestled into the side of what used to be a ski hill and is a true marvel of contemporary architecture. Do not miss this spectacular home in happening Bloor West.
Things to Love | Sellers’ Words
- On a sunny morning while gardening out front, a woman passing by on her morning walk said to me “this house is like a living poem”. It was that moment that I really fell for this elegantly crafted home.
- It’s nestled in the rolling landscape of Swansea/High Park.
- The home faces East with beautiful glimpses of the sunrise and that magical first morning light.
- Looking out onto the lush of Toronto’s High Park is a gift every single day.
- It feels like living in a treehouse with the porch swing and rooftop garden.
- The wisteria vine that graces the wrap around deck is a delight.
- It is as if you are in a cottage in the city.
- The garage fits 4 cars!
- Amenities and conveniences of Bloor Street West and the High Park subway station are just steps away.
- Palmer Coffee is a sweet coffee spot with a morning sun kissed patio; Buck’s Hard Goods is a lovely shop supplying home and personal fashion and wares; No Frills; Cheese Boutique; Garden’s Food for all your convenience and grocer needs.
- Whether it be a sunrise walk with the cardinals, robins and blue jays, or a sunset walk with the hawks and red winged blackbirds, at any time of the day, having the access to downtown Toronto’s expansive High Park, with its vibrant Carolinian Forest steps from your door, is a dream.
- Roof repairs (2021)
- Back siding (2022)
- Front of house painted/restained (2022)
Possession | August 31st or later
Property Taxes | $17,106.43 / 2022
Size | 4,259 Total Square Feet (4,036 Square Feet Above Grade)
Parking | Four car parking in the garage and two car private drive.
Mechanics | Ground source/heat pump
Inclusions | All appliances, light fixtures (except where excluded) and built-ins.
Exclusions | Dining room light fixture, woven twig light fixture in the hallway, light fixture hanging from the ceiling in the office & guest bedrooms and guest bedrooms and 3rd bedroom light fixtures.